Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WOW its been a long time since I wrote.
Well I thought I was going to be able to write a " travelling rabbi" blog as I was supposed to go away for Rosh Hashana, Yom Kippur and again the last days of Succos. Well the RH YK thing didn't work out and I'm just away now for the last days. But I thought that this trip is worthwhile writing about.
I was invited to be the guest Rabbi for the small community of San Miguel de Allende in Mexico. And wonders of technology I am writing this using my cell phone with the wifi on the bus going from Mexico City to San Mig.
I spent the night in Mexico City which is a wonderful city with a VERY strong and vibrant Jewish community. I always enjoyed myself here. I'll let you all know how good the bakery I went to is as soon as I taste the stuff.
San Miguel is an old colonial town which is supposed to be real beautiul which is why many artists and americans live there.
I'll write about it when I see it.
Meanwhile the scenery from the bus window is pleasent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment